Hotfix for Windows Small Business Server 2003: KB 833992
POP3 Connector Fails to Download Mail with Windows Small Business Server 2003. This issue causes the process IMBDOWNL.EXE to be hung with the CPU utilization at 25, 50 or 100%.
- This download address a particular way mail downloads can fail when using the POP3 connector in Small Business Server 2003. This issue causes the process IMBDOWNL.EXE to be hung with the CPU utilization at 25, 50 or 100%. A warning with event ID 1067 will be recorded by the POP3 server in the event log when this error occurs.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.