Administration Pack for IIS 7.0 (x64)
Administration Pack for IIS 7.0 is a collection of tools and UI Extensions to help you administer your IIS 7.0 server.
- The modules of the Administration Pack are a toolset to help you be more productive when using IIS Manager. Functionality varies from increased configuration editing capabilities to configuring FastCGI settings on your server.
The configuration editor module will help you manage your configuration files. This tool is available for server administrators only. It allows you to edit any section, attribute, element or collection in your configuration file. In addition to editing these values you are also able to lock and unlock them. The configuration editor also allows you to generate scripts based on the actions you take as well as search the file to see where values are being used.
UI Extension modules allow you to manage existing features through IIS Manager.
- The FastCGI module allows you to manage your FastCGI settings.
- The two ASP.NET modules allow you to manage your authorization and custom errors settings.
- Finally the HTTP Request Filtering allows you to setup rules for http request filtering.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008
- Internet Information Services 7.0 must be installed, and the IIS Management Console should be installed prior to installing the Administration Pack.
- You must install the Administration Pack as an administrator. If User Access Control (UAC) is enabled, you must use the “Run as Administrator” option when installing.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, then do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
- Log in to your computer using the local "administrator" account before installation.
- Copy the download to your computer, then log in using an account with administrator privileges and opening a command-prompt by right-clicking the Command Prompt menu item that is located in the Accessories menu for Windows programs and selecting "Run as administrator", then typing the command listed below to run the installation:
msiexec /i AdminPack_x64.msi