Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility White Paper: Integrating with the ApplicationRoleProvider Framework
This document describes how to use the ApplicationRoleProvider class to develop and configure standalone applications, and create application providers compatible with the Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility.
- The Microsoft Dynamics Security Synchronization Utility is a standalone executable application that enables the synchronization of users across applications. The application supports various Microsoft applications, including Windows SharePoint Services, Web Services for Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
The utility is also a framework made up of a suite of APIs that can be used to generically and simply interact with the security subsystems of applications. The utility reads from and writes to a configuration file that stores the property values that are specific to each application provider. These properties vary by application. The utility’s user interface allows you to specify values for these properties and writes them to the configuration file.
This document describes the ApplicationRoleProvider class and explains how to develop assemblies that will allow third-party applications to work with the synchronization utility, customize property validation, and deploy the assembly. Code samples are included for all the classes mentioned, and a comprehensive example of creating a provider also is included.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- To view the XPS file, you will need Windows Vista or the Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack.
- Click Download to download the document in PDF file or XPS file format.
- Save the file to your computer.