Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 2.0
VAMT 2.0 allows administrators to automate and centrally manage a range of activities related to Windows client, Windows Server, and Office 2010 activation.
- Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 2.0 is a managed MMC plug-in. VAMT uses Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) to configure managed systems. A convenient command line interface (CLI) allows automated, scheduled VAMT tasks without UI interaction.
Using the VAMT console, administrators can perform many activation-related tasks on remote computers:
- Manage product keys obtained from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) or other sources including retail and Microsoft subscription programs such as MSDN, TechNet and partner programs -- and product activations using those keys.
- Activate remote systems using Key Management Service (KMS), Multiple Activation Key (MAK) or retail activation methods.
- Perform disconnected proxy activation and reactivation of systems without each system having to connect with Microsoft activation services individually.
- Assist with license compliance by enabling IT administrators to monitor system license state, including whether systems are licensed and running genuine Windows or Office.
VAMT privacy statement
Microsoft Office 2010 privacy statement
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Download the MSI file on this page
- Run the MSI file on a supported operating system
- Click Help on the VAMT 2.0 menu bar
Go to the Windows Volume Activation TechCenter for detailed information on Windows client and server volume activation.
Go to the Office 2010 volume activation page for detailed information on Office 2010 client volume activation.