Windows Internet Explorer 9 for IT Professionals and Developers--Windows Vista 64-bit Edition and Windows Server 2008 64-bit Edition
Windows Internet Explorer 9 lets your websites shine and perform just like native applications on your PC.
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 delivers web sites and applications that look and perform like native PC applications through the power of Windows.
- Fast: Internet Explorer 9 is all-around fast. Designed to take full advantage of your PC’s hardware through Windows, Internet Explorer 9 delivers graphically rich and immersive experiences that are as fast and responsive as native applications installed on your PC.
- Clean: Internet Explorer puts the focus on the Web sites you love with a clean look and increased viewing area that makes your Web sites shine. Intuitive and seamless integration with Windows 7 provides one-click access to Web applications pinned directly to your Taskbar.
- Trusted: Internet Explorer is the trusted way to the Web because it has a robust set of built-in security, privacy and reliability technologies that keep you safer and your browsing experience uninterrupted.
- Interoperable: Support for HTML5 and modern Web standards architected to take advantage of the GPU means that the same mark-up not only works across the Web, but runs faster and delivers a richer experience through Windows and Internet Explorer 9.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista 64-bit edition with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit edition with Service Pack 2
- Computer/ Processor: Computer with a 233MHz processor or higher (Pentium processor recommended)
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Drive Space:
- Windows Vista 64-bit edition with Service Pack 2: 120MB
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit edition with Service Pack 2: 200MB
- Display: Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors.
- Peripherals: Modem or Internet connection; Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.