Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB929969)
This update addresses the vulnerability discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS07-004. To find out if other security updates are available for you, see the Overview section of this page.
- A security issue has been identified in the way Vector Markup Language (VML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
Other critical security updates are available: To find the latest security updates for you, visit Windows Update and click "Express Install." To have the latest security updates delivered directly to your computer, visit Protect your PC and follow the 3 easy steps to ensure you’re protected.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- This update applies to the following operating systems:
- Click the Download button at the top of this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.