Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office System (version 3.0 Runtime) Service Pack 1 (x86)
This update is required to develop or run solutions for the 2007 Microsoft Office system that are built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- You must install this update on your development computer, and also on client computers, if you use Visual Studio 2008 SP1 to develop Microsoft Office solutions.
This update provides bug fixes and new features, including .NET Framework Client Profile compatibility and the ability to add host controls and smart tags to documents from application-level add-ins.
When you install the Visual Studio Tools for Office runtime on a non-English version of the operating system, you should also install the appropriate language pack service pack to see the text of the messages from the runtime in that language, rather than English.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Required Software:
- .NET Framework: You must install either the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or .NET Framework Client Profile on end user computers before installing the VSTO 3.0 SP1 runtime.
- Version of Microsoft Office: Developing and running Office customizations built with VSTO 3.0 requires at least one of the following versions of Microsoft Office:
- 2007 Microsoft Office system
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office Project 2007
- Required Software:
- Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.