Microsoft Download Center Archive
Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 Evaluation CD
POSReady 2009 is a flexible operating system designed to seamlessly connect point-of-service solutions with peripherals, servers, and services.
- Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 is a flexible operating system designed to seamlessly connect point-of-service solutions with peripherals, servers, and services.POSReady 2009 combines the power and familiarity of Windows XP Professional with a smaller footprint and specific features for point of service (POS) computers. POSReady is a significant update to Windows Embedded for Point of Service that incorporates a new product name, new technologies, and improvements in core functionality. With built-in networking capabilities and standards-based plug-and-play support, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 makes it easy to connect POS devices to peripherals, servers, and services. Plus you can help reduce costs and security threats by customizing POSReady 2009 to use only the components required for your POS solution.POSReady 2009 can be managed with the same software you use to manage your desktop systems - with all the reliability and ongoing service and system updates you expect from the Windows platform. You will aslo benefit from the dedicated community of industry-leading partners and resources available to support you at every step in the development cycle.EVALUATION KIT FUNCTIONALITY: The Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 evaluation includes the full functionality of the English version. Once you have installed your evaluation version, you will have 120 days to sample the features of POSReady 2009. To continue using the product after 120 days, you must acquire the full product license and product key, rerun setup, and then follow the installation instructions for the full version.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
- To install and use Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 on your POS system, you need:
- PC with Pentium II 233-MHz or faster processor
- 64 MB of RAM (with Virtual Memory enabled); 512 MB recommended*
- 520 MB of available hard disk space**
- VGA or higher resolution monitor; 1024 x 768 display recommended
- Download Evaluation
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Click Save or Save this program to your computer. POSReady 2009 EVAL CD is distributed as an .ISO file.
- Burn the saved ISO to a CD.
- Insert the CD into test system.
- Boot from the CD to run Setup.