Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server
Microsoft System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2008-2012 enables the discovery and monitoring of SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012: Database Engines, Databases, SQL Server Agents and other related components.
- Management pack for SQL Server provides the capabilities for Operations Manager 2007 R2, Operations Manager 2012 SP1, Operations Manager 2012 R2 and Operations Manager 2016 to discover SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, and SQL Server 2012. It monitors SQL Server components such as database engine instances, databases, and SQL Server agents.
The monitoring provided by this management pack includes performance, availability, and configuration monitoring, along with performance data collection, and default thresholds. You can integrate the monitoring of SQL Server components into your service-oriented monitoring scenarios.
In addition to health monitoring capabilities, this management pack includes dashboard views, diagram views and extensive knowledge with embedded inline tasks, and views that enable near real-time diagnosis and resolution of detected issues.
Note: If you are going to localize this management pack, keep in mind that localization installers on this page do not include files for localizing SQL Server Dashboards. Please use this link to download the required localization for Dashboards.
The following list gives an overview of SQL Server management pack features. Refer to SQL Server management pack guide for more details.
- Discovery and monitoring of SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 roles like DB Engine, Integrations Services.
- Discovery of SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 components: Databases, SQL Agent and SQL jobs.
- Monitoring of SQL Server 2012 Always On:
- Automatic discovery and monitoring of availability groups, availability replicas, and availability databases.
- Health roll-up from availability database to availability replicas.
- Detailed knowledge for each related monitoring workflow.
- Seamless integration with SQL Server policy based management (PBM):
- Automatic discovery and monitoring of custom PBM polices targeted to Database or Database components.
- Rollup of policy execution health to the health of related SCOM entity.
- Low-privilege monitoring is supported for both stand-alone installations and clustered environments, except PBM.
- Support of Mirroring Monitoring for SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
- Discover mirroring databases, witness, and mirroring group.
- Monitor database mirror state, database mirror witness state, and mirroring partners’ state.
- Custom diagram view to represent the primary and the mirrored databases visually.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016
- For detailed system requirements refer to the management pack guide.
- For detailed instructions on setup, configuration, and monitoring refer to the management pack guide.