Microsoft Download Center Archive
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Power Tools - September 2007 release
The Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Power Tools is a set of enhancements, tools and command line utilities that improve the Team Foundation Server experience.
- The Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Power Tools is a set of enhancements, tools and command line utilities that improve the Team Foundation Server user experience. This release includes everything from the previous Power Tools release and includes two great new tools: the Team Foundation Server Best Practices Analyzer and Work Item Templates.
- Team Foundation Server Best Practices Analyzer (TFS BPA) – TFS BPA is a diagnostic tool that performs the following functions: gathers configuration information from a Team Foundation Server deployment, performs specific tests on the Team Foundation Server deployment, analyzes the collected information according to specific rules, reports the findings as information, warning, or error messages, and lastly provides links to articles to resolve warning and error messages.
- Work Item Templates - Work Item Templates feature that supports the ability to create, apply, capture, and set default work item templates. This feature adds additional menu items to the Team Work Item Templates menu.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Explorer
The Best Practices Analyzer also requires:
- Windows PowerShell 1.0 (see Related Resources)
The Process Template Editor also requires:
- Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition or higher
- Domain-Specific Language Tools for Visual Studio 2005 Redistributable Components (see Related Downloads)
- Download and run tfpt.msi and follow the instructions. The TeamFoundationPowerTool.doc located in the installation directory contains additional installation and configuration instructions.
For help with Team System Process Editor, see PEUserGuide.doc in the Process Template Editor sub-directory of the Team Foundation Power Tool installation directory.