Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 White Paper: Cost Management
This document provides a brief overview of the Normal costing method in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 allows a very flexible configuration of the Inventory management, Production, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, and Master planning modules, which all indirectly affect cost management. This flexibility increases the complexity of the application, because the various parameter settings might result in many potentially complex cost management scenarios.
This white paper provides insight into cost management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, and provides a better understanding of the consequences of some of the choices that have been made in the implementation and setup of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 for cost management. The following information is discussed:
- Inventory evaluation methods
- Inventory calculation
- Recommended parameter settings
- Change inventory dimension group for an item
- Create ledger accounts to represent inventory in the chart of accounts
- Change an item type
- Change an item group
- Ledger reconciliation
- Database logging cost parameters
This white paper is not a setup or configuration guide for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
This download includes .xps files. XPS was a Microsoft document format intended to replace PDF. To view these files, you may need to install the XPS Essentials Pack.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- To view the XPS file, you will need Windows Vista or the Microsoft XML Paper Specification Essentials Pack.
- For information about the system requirements for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, see System requirements for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.
- Click Download to download the document in PDF file or XPS file format.
- Save the file to your computer.