Visual Basic 6.0 to Visual Basic .NET Upgrade Assessment Tool
This tool is to analyze your Visual Basic 6.0 projects to determine what issues you will need to address to be able to upgrade. It also provides information about where to get help understanding each issue and the types of skills needed to address them.
- The Visual Basic 6.0 Upgrade Assessment Tool measures application upgrade effort. This tool analyzes the application components and the relationships between them from an upgrade perspective, considering elements, constructs, and features that consume resources during an upgrade. It generates a group of reports that are used for calculations related to task effort and cost. The user can specify configuration values that will override the initial estimation inputs to adapt the assessment tool to their needs.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (required)
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET development system (highly recommended, but
- Microsoft Excel 2003 (required to use the Visual Basic 6.0 Upgrade
- Download the msi and launch to install the application.