Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Quiescence GDR
This update provides software to shutdown TFS Services. This is required before applying any other software update.
- This update provides functionality to stop the Team Foundation Server services and places IIS and SQL Server 2005 into a state in which client requests are refused. This update also provides functionality that returns the system to a state in which the system can process client requests again. No additional action is required after you install this update. All Team Foundation Server updates that you install after this update will use this new functionality. This release (version 2) replaces the first release of this update. The version 1 is no longer available.
•You must install this update before you install Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Service Pack 1 (SP1).
•Customers who have configured Team Foundation Server to use a SQL Cluster for the Data-Tier MUST install version 2 of this update or SP1 will not install. Installation of this GDR and SP1 must be done on the active node in the SQL cluster and the Team Foundation Server (databases) installation must be present in “Add/Remove Programs” on the machine.
•It is recommended that version 2 of this update be installed before performing the next servicing operation on one of the server tiers. Servicing operations include:
• SP1 Install/Uninstall
• Hotfix Install/Uninstall
•The update only needs to be installed once.
•The update can be installed on both RTM and SP1.
•You do not need to uninstall version 1 of this update if it is already installed. Both version 1 and version 2 can be installed without problems.
•Once version 2 of the GDR is installed you cannot uninstall either version 2 or version 1 of the GDR.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter Edition (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (32-bit x86), Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.