Windows Server 2003 Deployment Kit: Planning, Testing, and Piloting Deployment Projects
This book provides guidelines for planning, testing, and piloting the deployment of Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional operating systems in medium and large organizations.
- The first of six books in the Windows Server 2003 Deployment Kit, this book provides guidelines for planning, testing, and piloting the deployment of Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP Professional operating systems in medium and large organizations. IT professionals can use this book to create a comprehensive project plan, which serves as a framework for designing and deploying complex technologies and operating system features. A key component of this book is a roadmap that summarizes each of the chapters in the kit. The roadmap can be used to match business solutions with the design guidelines discussed in the kit. In addition, because testing and piloting are critical tasks in any deployment project, this book contains guidelines for designing and setting up a test lab, testing applications and resolving application compatibility issues, and designing and implementing a pilot project.
This page contains the following files for download:
- Book Cover (front)
- Ch 1: Planning for Deployment
- Ch 2: Designing a Test Environment
- Ch 3: Planning and Testing for Application Deployment
- Ch 4: Designing a Pilot Project
- Entire book as a .zip file
- Job aids and worksheets to use with the book
We want to provide high-quality, relevant content for IT Pros who plan, support, deploy, and operate Windows Server 2003 in small, medium, and large organizations. In order for us to improve our content offerings, we want to hear from you. Please click here to send us your feedback on the usefulness and relevance of this content or any suggestions for content you would like to see.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Word or Word Viewer
- To download the entire book, click the .zip file in the list below. To download just one element of the book, click the file name for that element from the list below.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.