Integration Techniques and Strategies for Internet Business Book
The Integration Techniques and Strategies for Internet Business book demonstrates integration options for Microsoft Content Management Server 2002, including integration with search engines, workflow engines, and authentication systems.
- The Microsoft Content Management Server (MCMS) architecture is flexible, pluggable, and easily adaptable, allowing for a modular approach to building your Web site; for example, you can exchange outdated or under-performing modules for a preferred, more dynamic solution. In Integration Techniques and Strategies for Internet Business, we’ll examine a variety of integration options available to you when designing your Web sites. The methodology we present is simple, secure, and extendable. We take the WoodgroveNet sample site which shipped as a sample with MCMS 2002 and build integration components to show integration with search engines, workflow engines, authentication systems, and other software. Some techniques and strategies include:
- Using the MCMS .NET-based managed APIs
- Using the MCMS COM-based Site Deployment API
- Creating user controls and dialog boxes within the Web Author
- Creating custom placeholder controls in Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET
- Creating components that communicate with each external system
You'll find that the integration components add many new features to the WoodgroveNet site, including the ability to search, extend the publishing workflow, change the authentication schema, add content such as Flash, and manage resources outside of MCMS.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Office
- Click the Download link to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
Note: You can download the sample code for this book by clicking the Integration Techniques and Strategies for Internet Business link in the Related Resources section on this page.