DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime installs a number of runtime libraries from the legacy DirectX SDK for some games that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, XACT, and/or Managed DirectX 1.1. Note that this package does not modify the DirectX Runtime installed on your Windows OS in any way.
- Microsoft DirectX® is already included in Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows Server equivalents. This DirectX End-User Runtime does not change the version of DirectX, but does install a number of optional side-by-side technologies from the legacy DirectX SDK that are used by some older games. For a detailed explanation see https://aka.ms/dxsetup.
Note that Desktop Bridge applications that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, or XACT must use the Microsoft.DirectX.x86 / Microsoft.DirectX.x64 framework to deploy these legacy DirectX SDK side-by-side components. Alternatively, developers can remove all such dependencies—see https://aka.ms/Kfsdiu, https://aka.ms/XAudio2Redist, and https://aka.ms/Mu9kn7.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.