Microsoft Download Center Archive
The Role of Users in Architecture
A Case Study of the Integrated Dell Desktop
- In the past, sales representatives who work at Dell call centers used as many as 40 different information systems to understand customers and meet their needs, which limited their ability to deliver an optimal customer experience. To address that challenge, Dell built the Integrated Dell™ Desktop (IDD), a smart client solution based on Microsoft® software. IDD provides everything that Dell sales representatives need to assist customers and sell the company's products within a single, easy-to-use desktop application—one designed from the ground up to support the sales process and optimize call center operations. Currently rolled out to more than 8,000 desktops at nine locations, the IDD smart client is helping deliver decreases in average call duration of 10 percent or more, a 45 percent decrease in training time, and improved profit per sale.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
|Integrated Dell Desktop.pdf||1,000 KB|
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Apple Mac OS X, Linux, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Adobe Reader
- 1. Click the Download link to start the download.
2. Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
3. View the .pdf file using Adobe Acrobat 4.0 or later