Windows Easy Transfer for Windows XP
Download Windows Easy Transfer for your Windows XP-based PC so you can automatically copy your files, photos, music, e-mail, settings, and more to your new Windows Vista based PC. This software enables you to transfer data with Easy Transfer Cables or across a network, external drive, or CD/DVD.
- This software installs Windows Easy Transfer on a Windows XP-based PC. This software is already built into Windows Vista, so it is not necessary to install it on a Windows Vista-based PC. Windows Easy Transfer enables you to automatically copy your files, photos, music, e-mail, settings, and more to your new Windows Vista-based PC. This makes it much easier to setup your new computer with all your personal data and settings. This software provides support for transfering data with Easy Transfer Cables or across a network, external drive, or CD/DVD. As an alternative to downloading, Windows Easy Transfer can be installed from the CD that came with your Easy Transfer Cable, or by following the directions in the Windows Vista version of Windows Easy Transfer on how to copy the program to Windows XP.To transfer files and settings to a Windows 7 PC refer to the instructions available here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd446674.aspx
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Easy Transfer supports the following operating systems:
1) Windows XP SP2 to Windows Vista
2) Windows Vista to Windows Vista
Windows Easy Transfer supports transfers via any one of the following methods:
1) USB Easy Transfer Cable
2) Network connection
3) Removable media (such as a USB flash drive or external hard disk)
4) CD or DVD
- Download and install Windows Easy Transfer on your Windows XP PC.
First launch and run Windows Easy Transfer on your old PC.
Then launch and run Windows Easy Transfer on your new Windows Vista PC.
You can launch the Windows Vista version of Windows Easy Transfer from Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Windows Easy Transfer.
Follow on-screen instructions to make your selections and transfer your data.