Microsoft Download Center Archive
BIOS Update for Microsoft Surface
This problem address a problem if Microsoft Surface units occasionally stop responding to input.
- Some Microsoft Surface units might occasionally stop responding (that is, lock up or freeze) to any input, including touch input, a keyboard, or a mouse, even if the SCM status indicator lights in the I/O connections area show Green-Green-Green (which indicates no problems). To fix this problem, this download package includes an updated BIOS file and setup instructions that you can use on any Microsoft Surface units that are experiencing this problem.
Note: This fix is intended only to correct the problem if it already exists. You should apply this fix only to Microsoft Surface units that are experiencing this specific problem. This fix might receive additional testing.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
|BIOS Updates for a Microsoft Surface Unit_Developers.pdf||303 KB|
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista
- Windows Vista
- Applicable Microsoft Surface Software Platforms:
- Microsoft Surface Runtime 1.0
- Microsoft Surface SDK 1.0
- Microsoft Surface Runtime 1.0 SP1
- Microsoft Surface SDK 1.0 SP1
- On a Microsoft Surface unit, download the update files.
- Follow the installation instructions in the included PDF file.