Microsoft Download Center Archive
Hands-On Labs for Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0
A set of Hands-on Labs for the Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0.
- Use this set of Hands-on Labs as a guide to learn about the application blocks included with Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0 and practice how to leverage their capabilities in various application contexts. It includes Caching, Configuration Sources, Cryptography, Data Access, Exception Handling, Interception, Logging, Security, Validation, and Unity Hands-on Labs.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
|Enterprise Library 5.0 - Hands On Labs.msi||48.24 MB|
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86), Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Supported architectures: x86 and x64.
- Microsoft Windows® 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2008 Development System with Service Pack 1 (any edition) or Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Development System (any edition).
- A database server running a database that is supported by a .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 or .NET Framework 4.0 data provider. This includes SQL Server® 2000 or later, SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition, and Oracle 9i or later. The database server can also run a database that is supported by the .NET Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 or the .NET Framework 4.0 data providers for OLE DB or ODBC.
- Stores to maintain log messages. If you are using the Message Queuing (MSMQ) Trace Listener to store log messages, you need the Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) components installed. If you are using the Database Trace Listener to store log messages, you need access to a database server. If you are using the E-mail Trace Listener to store log messages, you need access to an SMTP server.
- Run the MSI to install the labs. The before and after source code and instructions are provided for each lab. Note that the Enterprise Library DLLs are included, so an installation of Enterprise Library is not required.