Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Books Online and Samples
SQL Server Compact 3.5 is a small footprint in-process database engine that allows developers to build robust applications for Windows Desktops and Mobile Devices. This download contains the Books Online and Samples for SQL Server Compact 3.5
- SQL Server Compact 3.5 Books Online provides in-depth information about the features of the product. In addition to the Books Online, the sample applications helps to ramp up quickly on SQL Server Compact technology and an easy way to build applications rapidly.
For information about Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.Net v1.0 download the Books Online
Post feedback and questions to SQL Server Compact 3.5 MSDN Forum and Synchronization Services for ADO.Net MSDN Forum
For tips and tricks visit Steve Lasker blog, Synchronization Services for ADO.Net blog and SQL Server Compact blog
Your feedback is important to us.
- If you have questions about SQL Server Compact, visit the SQL Server Compact MSDN Forum
- Help improve SQL Server Compact by submitting and tracking bugs using Microsoft Connect website. Be sure to select SQL Server Compact as the version and provide detailed repro steps to help us identify the problem
- Contact Microsoft Professional Support. For deeper support needs, purchase a Professional Support package and have experts available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year
- Find out what support options are available if you are located outside the United States or Canada at Worldwide Support Options
- Search the Knowledge Base Articles. Get the answers you need about SQL Server Compact from the Microsoft Knowledge Base. This is the same database of technical articles used by Microsoft Support Professionals
- To participate in the future SQL Server Compact Technology Adoption Program (TAP), please send us an email
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft .NET Framework: The Help viewer used by Books Online requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0. Download one of the following versions of the .NET Framework 2.0:
- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1
- Windows Installer: Windows Installer 3.0 is required to install SQL Server 2005 Books Online. Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Service Pack 2 both include Windows Installer 3.0. For all other operating systems, you must first download and install Windows Installer 3.0.
- To download the Books Online, begin by installing .NET Framework 2.0. Download one of the versions from the System Requirements section.
- Click SSCEBOL-ENU.msi or the samples from the Files In This Download section.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation later, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.