Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Service Pack 1
This Service Pack contains bug fixes and new features that address feedback from customers and provide support for recent operating system and database releases. This service pack applies to Team Foundation Server 2008, Team Foundation 2008 Proxy, and Team Foundation Server 2008 Build.
- This service pack consists of only the server-side components of Team Foundation Server 2008. It is not the client-side service pack for Visual Studio 2008.
This release includes the following new features:
- Support for Windows Server 2008.
- Support for SQL Server 2008.
- Check in date/time column in Source Control Explorer.
- A new API to download files to a stream.
- Links to Team System Web Access pages from notifications.
- Improvements to the number of projects per server.
- Performance and scale improvements.
- Improvements to the VSS converter to make it much more robust.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008
- Please follow the guidelines for system requirements as described in the Team Foundation Installation Guide.
- If you plan on using Windows Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 with Team Foundation Server 2008 SP1 please see the Team Foundation Installation Guide for details on how to install SP1 on the Team Foundation Server and do not install the service pack using the instruction below. Additionally, if you plan to install this service pack on a server that has a client for Team Foundation also installed on it, you must install SP1 for Visual Studio 2008 on that server before you install SP1 for Team Foundation Server. For more information, see “Installing Team Foundation Server and Service Pack 1” in the installation guide.
To install Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server SP1, download the self-installing executable and run it on the computer on which you want to install the service pack.