Adding Microsoft Translator as the default translator for the Research task pane
This download allows you to set Microsoft Translator as your default translator through the Research task pane in Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office 2007.
- This download allows you to translate words, sentences or a full document using Microsoft Translator through the Research task pane for Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office 2007.
Microsoft Office 2003 and Microsoft Office 2007 currently use WorldLingo as the default machine translator in the Research task pane. This download will update the Research task pane registry keys to set Microsoft Translator as the default translator and WorldLingo as the fallback translator.
This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Word 2003 and 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 and 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 and 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003 and 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio 2003 and 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and 2007
NOTE: This update adds Microsoft Translator as the default translator for the Research pane. To remove Microsoft Translator from the Research task pane you must manually remove it through Research Options. You may choose to override Microsoft Translator as the default by setting WorldLingo as your preferred translator on a language-by-language basis.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Windows 2000; Windows 2003; Windows XP; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Close any open Microsoft Office program(s)
- Double-click the EXE file on your hard disk to start the Setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Instructions for use:
Microsoft Translator services become available automatically when you next open Microsoft Office program(s). From Translation options in the Research task pane, you can change the default translator on a language-by-language basis.
For more information on the Translate feature, search Office Online for "Translate text" or "translation services".