Security Update for Outlook 2002 (KB921594)
This update resolves a security vulnerability in Microsoft Outlook 2002 that could enable a remote user to execute code on a computer that is running Outlook 2002.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- This update applies to the following product: Microsoft Outlook 2002.
- To install the update, you must have the following:
- Note: Administrators should refer to the Administrator resources section.
If you have Microsoft Outlook 2002, do one of the following:
- Use Microsoft Update (recommended). Microsoft Update consolidates updates provided by Windows Update and Office Update into one location and enables you to choose automatic delivery and installation of high-priority updates.
- Use Office Update on the Office Online Web site. Office Update automatically detects Office and prompts you to install updates and service packs that bring Office programs up-to-date.
- Install Security Update for Outlook 2002 (KB921594). To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the .exe file by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- officexp-kb921594-fullfile-ENU.exe: You should download this file if you have access to your original product CD-ROM. You might need to provide the installation source during patch installation if you have previously updated your product.
- It is recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the Office Admin Update Center. On that site, scroll down and look under the Update Resources section for the product version you are updating.
The download for this update is available by clicking on the Download button at the top of the page. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the patch files (MSP files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article (197147): Command-Line Switches For IExpress Software Update Packages.
See the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of the Security Update for Outlook 2002 (KB921594) for further information about this update.