Microsoft DNS (Domain Name System) Model for Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0
The DNS Model for the MBCA 2.0 provides feedback to an Administrator to enable him to bring DNS running on Windows Server 2008 into compliance with best practices.
- The DNS Model has checks to ensure that the DNS server is adhering to best practices in the following areas:
- IP Address checks
- Root Hints
- Checks for DNS Registry Parameters
- Zone Issues
- Possible DNS Server mis-configurations
- Active Directory DNS Zone health
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V
- Supported Language: EN-US(English-USA) builds only.
- 1. Install the MBCA 2.0 using the MSI from the link below. You will need to be Local Administrator on your machine in order to install the MSI.
2. Download the MSI for the DNS Model listed on the current page.
3. Install the DNS Model on your DNS Server. You will need to be Local Administrator on your machine in order to install the MSI.
4. Run the MBCA 2.0 and in the "Select a Product" drop down select “Microsoft DNS Server Configuration Analysis Model”
5. Press : Start Scan -- Then View results to ensure that your system is compliant with the recommendations provided by the DNS Model.
Note: In order to run the DNS model remotely install MBCA2.0 on any machine and connect to the DNS server which must have the MBCA2.0 and the model installed.