Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (IA64)
The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 (IA64) redistributable package installs the .NET Framework runtime and associated files required to run 64-bit applications developed to target the .NET Framework v2.0.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 (IA64) redistributable package installs the .NET Framework runtime and associated files required to run 64-bit applications developed to target the .NET Framework v2.0.
The .NET Framework version 2.0 (IA64) improves scalability and performance, improved caching, application deployment and updating with ClickOnce, support for the broadest array of browsers and devices with ASP.NET 2.0 controls and services and 64-bit support. For more information on the .NET Framework 2.0, click here.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition for 64-Bit Itanium-Based Systems, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition for Itanium-based Systems, Windows XP for Itanium-based Systems Version 2003
- Required Software:
- Disk Space Requirements: 280 MB (x86), 610 MB (x64)
oWindows Installer 3.0 is required. Windows Installer 3.1 or later is recommended.
oIE 5.01 or later: You must also be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or later for all installations of the .NET Framework.
o64-bit support: 64-bit CPU support requires the latest 64-bit version of either Windows XP Professional \Windows Server 2003. This framework is designed for the supported 64-bit Operating System. It contains both the 64-bit and 32-bit runtime in one convenient setup. For 32-bit operating systems, please click the related resource link for the 32-bit framework download page.
- Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
- Click the Download button in the upper right-hand corner of this page to start the download
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.
IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of .NET Framework v2.0, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing this final release version.