Microsoft Download Center Archive
Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit
Whether you manage a single Web server or many, the prescriptive, task-based, and scenario-based guidance in this book will help you effectively plan, deploy, operate, and troubleshoot your IIS 6.0 solution.
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 and IIS 6.0 provide the services to support a secure, available, and scalable Web server on which to run your Web sites and applications. Whether you manage a single Web server or many, Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit will help you effectively plan, deploy, operate, and troubleshoot your IIS 6.0 solution. This comprehensive technical resource delivers an in-depth description of the new IIS 6.0 architecture, as well as reference information about IIS 6.0 features and services. It also includes practical information and tools to help you accomplish everyday administrative tasks.
Deployment scenarios in part one of this book include installing a new Web server, upgrading an existing Web server from an earlier version of IIS, and migrating existing Apache or IIS Web sites and applications to a newly installed Web server. Part two of this book includes information about running IIS 6.0 as a platform for Web applications, managing a secure IIS 6.0 solution, administering servers programmatically, and capitalizing on built-in scalability features to manage large-scale deployments. In addition, part two includes a thorough discussion of IIS 6.0 troubleshooting concepts, tools, and procedures.
This page contains the following files for download:
•Book Cover (front)
•Part I: Deploying Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0
•Ch 1: Overview of Deploying IIS 6.0
•Ch 2: Deploying ASP.NET Applications in IIS 6.0
•Ch 3: Securing Web Sites and Applications
•Ch 4: Ensuring Application Availability
•Ch 5: Upgrading an IIS Server to IIS 6.0
•Ch 6: Migrating IIS Web Sites to IIS 6.0
•Ch 7: Migrating Apache Web Sites to IIS 6.0
•Appx A: IIS Deployment Procedures
•Appx B: Changes to Metabase Properties in IIS 6.0
•Part II: Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Guide
•Ch 1: Introducing IIS 6.0
•Ch 2: IIS 6.0 Architecture
•Ch 3: Running IIS 6.0 as an Application Server
•Ch 4: Working with the Metabase
•Ch 5: Managing a Secure IIS 6.0 Solution
•Ch 6: Optimizing IIS 6.0 Performance
•Ch 7: Web Server Scalability
•Ch 8: Configuring Internet Sites and Services
•Ch 9: IIS 6.0 Administration Scripts, Tips, and Tricks
•Ch 10: Analyzing Log Files
•Ch 11: Troubleshooting IIS 6.0
•Appx A: Common Administrative Tasks
•Appx B: Unattended Setup
•Appx C: Using FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
•Appx D:IIS 6.0 Performance Counters
•Appx E: IIS 6.0 Event Messages
•Appx F: Centralized Binary Log File Format
•Appx G: IPv6 and IIS 6.0
•Entire book as a .zip file
We want to provide high-quality, relevant content for IT Pros who plan, support, deploy, and operate Internet Information Services 6.0 in small, medium, and large organizations. In order for us to improve our content offerings, we want to hear from you. Please click here to send us your feedback on the usefulness and relevance of this content or any suggestions for content you would like to see.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- Microsoft Word or Word Viewer
- In the Files in this Download list, click the file that you want to download, or scroll to the bottom of the list and click IIS_6_RG.zip to download all of the files in the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.