Group Policy ADMX Schema files
This page provides the Group Policy Administrative Template ADMX schema files.
- In Windows Vista, Group Policy Object Editor and Group Policy Management Console can obtain registry-based policy settings from an XML-based administrative template ADMX file. An ADMX file is defined as a set of one language neutral file (.admx) and associated ADMX language resource files (.adml).
The syntax for the ADMX files is defined through the ADMX schema.
This page provides access to the .xsd files that define the ADMX schema. The .xsd files are included in a Microsoft Installer (MSI) package, available for download from this page.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista
- Click the download button .
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- In the Save As dialog box, browse to the directory on your computer to which you want to save the .msi file.
- To start downloading the .msi file, click Save.