Data Access Application Block for .NET v2
The Data Access Application Block is a .NET component that contains optimized data access code that will help you call stored procedures and issue SQL text commands against a SQL Server database.
- Are you involved in the design and development of data access code for .NET-based applications? Have you ever felt that you write the same data access code again and again? Have you wrapped data access code in helper functions that let you call a stored procedure in one line? If so, the Microsoft® Data Access Application Block for .NET is for you.
The Data Access Application Block encapsulates performance and resource management best practices for accessing Microsoft SQL Server™ databases. It can easily be used as a building block in your own .NET-based application. If you use it, you will reduce the amount of custom code you need to create, test, and maintain.
Important Information: A newer version of this application block has been released as a part of the patterns & practices Enterprise Library. The new version includes updated functionality based on customer feedback, as well as improved extensibility, ease of use, and consistency and integration with other blocks in Enterprise Library. The application block you have requested is still available for download but is now considered as an archive release.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP
- - Microsoft .NET Framework Software Development Kit (SDK), version 1.1, version 1.1
- The RTM version of Visual Studio .NET (recommended but not required)
- A database server running SQL Server 7.0 or later
- Click the Download link to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.