Microsoft Sync Framework Documentation
Download Microsoft Sync Framework documentation. Documentation is available for Sync Framework core components, Sync Services for ADO.NET, Metadata Storage Service, Sync Services for File Systems, and Sync Services for FeedSync.
- Microsoft Sync Framework is a comprehensive synchronization platform that enables collaboration and offline access for applications, services, and devices. The documentation available from this Web site covers the following technologies:
- Sync Framework core components, which are used to create synchronization providers for any type of data store.
- Sync Services for ADO.NET, which is used to synchronize databases for offline and collaborative scenarios.
- Metadata Storage Service, which is used to store synchronization metadata in a lightweight data store.
- Sync Services for File Systems, which is used to synchronize files and folders in a file system.
- Sync Services for FeedSync, which is used to synchronize RSS and Atom feeds with data in a local store.
For additional information, see the following resources:
- For known issues and other information, see the Sync Framework Blog.
- For samples, see the SDK that is available from Sync Framework on the Download Center and additional samples that are available at the Sync Framework Code Gallery.
- For information about licensing, see Microsoft Sync Framework Licensing.
- For white papers and other information, see the Sync Framework Developer Center.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Download sync_help_files.exe to a directory on your computer.
- Run the executable.
- When you are prompted, enter an installation directory.
- To view documentation, double-click the extracted files:
- sync_core_chm.chm contains documentation for Sync Framework core components and Sync Services for FeedSync.
- sync_ado_chm.chm contains documentation for Sync Services for ADO.NET.
- sync_meta_chm.chm contains documentation for Metadata Storage Service.
- sync_files_chm.chm contains documentation for Sync Services for File Systems.