Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Installing this service pack provides improved reliability and performance for Windows compute clusters.
- Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1) provides improved reliability and performance for Windows compute clusters. This service pack provides support for Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Windows Deployment Services. In addition, this service pack supports the Compute Cluster Pack client utilities on computers running Windows Vista™. While Compute Cluster Pack SP1 can be installed on x64-based versions of Windows Server 2003 that have not been upgraded with SP2, we recommend that you upgrade to Windows Server 2003 with SP2 to take advantage of the improvements that Compute Cluster Pack SP1 provides.
Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 brings together the power of commodity x64 (64-bit x86) computers, the ease of use and security of Active Directory directory service, and the Windows operating system to provide a security-enhanced and affordable high-performance computing (HPC) solution.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 x64 editions, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- For head nodes and compute nodes:
- CPU Requirements: 64-bit architecture computer Intel Pentium, or Xeon family with Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T) processor architecture, or AMD Opteron family, AMD Athlon family, or compatible processor(s).
- Minimum RAM: 512 MB
- Disk Volumes: For a head node, the Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 installation process requires a minimum of two volumes: one for the system partition, and one for RIS.
Compute nodes only require one volume.
- Network Interface Card: All nodes require at least one NIC. If a private network is planned, the head node requires a minimum of two NICs to create a public and private network, depending on the network topology selected.
Each node may require more NICs as appropriate in case of public network access or in support of an MPI-based network.
- Double-click the downloaded file on your hard disk to start the setup program.