Microsoft Custom Alerting Sample for Office Live Communications Server 2005
This sample demonstrates how custom server and client alerting applications can be written. This download includes fully functional sample applications that allow users to send alerts to Active Directory Group members who have an alert client application installed.
- This demonstration leverages the RTC API to show how users can send and receive alerts from a customized application. Two applications are included in this download are:
- AlertSender: This server application allows messages to be sent to Active Directory Group members with an arbitrarily defined Low, Medium, and High priority.
- AlertClient: The client application allows users to log in and receive messages. This application can be run in the background to collect messages. If an important message is sent, then a secondary alert will occur.
Source code, code walkthrough, and supporting documentation are included. The sample application is provided in C# and Visual Basic .NET.
- There is no support for this sample code.
For more information about Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 and Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/livecomm.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- This download works with the following Office programs:
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2005
- Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005 with SP1
- To install this download:
- Download the file by clicking the Download button (above) and saving the file to your hard disk.
- Double-click the program file on your hard disk to begin installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
To remove this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Custom Alerting Sample Using Office Live Communications Server and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program.
- Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.