Microsoft Pre-Release Software WinFX Language Packs - February Community Technology Preview (CTP)
Microsoft has provided a version of the WinFX Runtime Components for the general public. In addition to installing the WinFX Runtime Components, installing a Language Pack will allow you to see translated text, such as error messages, in your selected language.
The WinFX language packs contain translated text, such as error messages, for languages other than English. Installation of a language pack is not required to run WinFX resources on a non-English operating system; however, it is recommended.
Important: To install the WinFX Language Pack, you need to first install the WinFX Runtime Components February CTP - and then install the Language Pack.
Note: An English WinFX language pack is not available because all text is in English by default. To download a specific language pack, select the target language from the change language drop-down.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Longhorn (Windows Code Name), Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Required Software:
- Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.