Background Intelligent Transfer Service Version 1.5 (Client Component)
BITS is a system service that applications can use to transfer files asynchronously between a client and an HTTP server.
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is a Windows component that asynchronously transfers files in the foreground or background, throttles the transfers to preserve the responsiveness of other network applications, and will automatically resume file transfers when a computer is restarted and a network connection is re-established.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP
- Installation of BITS 1.5 Client is supported on Windows 2000, Windows 2000 SP1, Windows 2000 SP2, Windows 2000 SP3 or Windows 2000 SP4. This installation is also supported on Windows XP or Windows XP SP1.
- Click the Download link to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.