Remote Desktop Load Simulation Tools
The Remote Desktop Load Simulation toolset is used for 32-bit and 64-bit (x86 and x64) server capacity planning and performance/scalability analysis.
- The Remote Desktop Load Simulation toolset is used for server capacity planning and performance/scalability analysis.
In a server-based computing environment, all application execution and data processing occur on the server. Therefore it is extremely interesting to test the scalability and capacity of servers to determine how many client sessions a server can typically support under a variety of different scenarios. One of the most reliable ways to find out the number or users a server can support for a particular scenario is to log on a large number of users on the server simultaneously. The Remote Desktop Load Simulation tools provide the functionality which makes it possible to generate the required user load on the server.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
|Remote Desktop LoadSimulation Test Controller User Interface Reference.doc
|Remote Desktop LoadSimulation Tools User Guide.doc
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter, Windows Server 2008 Datacenter without Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise without Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2008 Standard, Windows Server 2008 Standard without Hyper-V
- A minimal test environment requires:
- Target Remote Desktop Server
- Client Workstations
- Test Controller Host
- Download the installer for your platform and the User Guide to assist in configuring the simulation.
- For 64-bit platforms download: RDLoadSimulationTools_x64.msi
- For 32-bit platforms download: RDLoadSimulationTools_x32.msi