Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 for Itanium-Based Systems Evaluation (180 days)
Windows Server 2008 R2 builds on the award-winning foundation of Windows Server 2008, expanding existing technology and adding new features to enable organizations to increase the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures. Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) includes previously released updates for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Note: Windows Server 2008 R2 will be the last major iteration to support the Intel Itanium processor and associated OEM server platforms. For further information please visit the Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-Based Systems page. Windows Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) includes previously released updates for Windows Server 2008 R2. All documentation referenced in this download applies to both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 unless otherwise noted.
This software is for evaluation and testing purposes. The evaluation is available in ISO format. Evaluating any version of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 software does not require entering a product key, however will require activation within 10 days. Failing to activate the evaluation will cause the licensing service to shut the machine down every hour (The 10 day activation period can be reset five (5) times by using the rearm command. See below for further information on activation rearm). Once activated, the evaluation will run for 180 days. After this time, you will need to uninstall the evaluation software and reinstall a fully-licensed version of Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for Itanium-Based Systems.
This download is also available through our new Download Manager. This will ensure 100% completion rate, and accelerate download times on slower links.
To start this download via the Download Manager, please click here.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems
- Please refer to the Windows Server 2008 R2 System Requirements page.
- Please refer to the documents below for further information
- Installing Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Release Notes
- 1. Click Start, and then click Command Prompt.
- 2. Type slmgr.vbs -dli, and then press ENTER to check the current status of your activation period.
- 3. To reset the activation period, type slmgr.vbs –rearm, and then press ENTER.
- 4. Restart the computer.
How to manually rearm the 10 day activation grace period
When the initial 10-day activation period nears its end, you can run the Slmgr.vbs script to reset it back to 10 days. To do this, follow these steps:
This resets the activation period to 10 days, and can be used up to five times. After this you will need to either activate or reinstall the evaluation.