Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (VSTO 2005 Second Edition)
This update for Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition (VSTO 2005 SE) increases compatibility with Windows Vista.
- This update fixes an issue in add-in development for Microsoft Office 2003 using VSTO 2005 SE on Windows Vista.
During the development of Windows Vista, several key investments were made to vastly improve overall quality, security, and reliability from previous versions of Windows. While we have made tremendous investments in Windows Vista to ensure backward compatibility, some of the system enhancements, such as User Account Control, make Windows Vista behave differently from previous versions of Windows. These investments affect Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition.
This update does not install a full version of Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Processor/RAM: Windows Vista hardware requirements.
- Required Software: Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office Second Edition
- Before you install this update, we strongly recommend installing Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 and Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista.
To install this update, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Save the download package on your computer.
- Double-click the download package to run the installer.