Microsoft Office Live Small Business Code Sample: Time Card
This download installs the Time Card code sample for Office Live Small Business that is designed to track and record time spent on tasks included in Project Manager.
- With this code sample, you can track and record a single occurrence of time spent on a task and also the total time spent on the task over many occurrences. Time Card uses Web services from Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 to retrieve data from the Project Tasks list in Project Manager. The sample code creates a list in Project Manager to store Time Card data. It is an example of one way that Web services can be used to create Web Parts that enhance Office Live Small Business applications.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2
- An Office Live Small Business account.
- To add Project Manager to your account, if it has not already been
1. In the left navigation pane, click Business Applications.
2. In the left navigation pane, click Add Applications.
3. In Select a category, click Collaborate with coworkers and clients.
4. In Select an application, click Project Manager. Click OK.
5. In Application or workspace details, click OK.
6. In the Sharing sidebar on the right side of the page, under Users, and then Manage users for this application, confirm that you are listed under Users and also under Editors.
Note: In order to track time by task using Time Card, tasks must exist in the Project Tasks list in Project Manager.
To install the code sample download, do the following:
1. Click the Download link, and then save the file to your computer.
2. Double-click OfficeLiveTimeCard.exe. The setup program starts.
3. To copy the individual Time Card files to your computer, follow the instructions on the screen. Note: By default, OfficeLiveTimeCard.exe copies files to the following location:
C:\Microsoft Office Live Developer Resources\Time Card Sample
To deploy the code sample, do the following:
1. In your Office Live Small Business account in which you want to store the sample code, open a document library.
2. In the document library, upload all of the files located in the
C:\Microsoft Office Live Developer Resources\Time Card Sample folder.
3. In the Sharing sidebar on the right side of the page, under Users, and then Manager users for this application, add yourself under Users, and then under either Readers or Editors.
4. In the document library, click the samplepage.aspx file.
Note: Neither the user interface nor the code in this sample has been
localized. This sample will not function in an Office Live Small
Business account with a locale other than English (United States).