Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.1
The Visual Studio 2008 Software Development Kit (SDK) 1.1 includes tools, documentation, and samples for developers to design, build, test and deploy extensions for Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1. You can also use the Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.1 to create custom tools environments based on the Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Shell.
- This is the official software development kit that allows developers to integrate tools, editors, designers, languages, and other features inside Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1.
Key features in the Visual Studio 2008 SDK 1.1 include:
- Significant reduction in size for Visual Studio Shell redistributable packages.
- Support for progress feedback in a chained installation.
- Visual Studio Shell development now supports normal user.
- New XML Tree Editor and TFS sample.
- DSL Print Preview
- Updated shell documentation.
For more information about Visual Studio Extensibility and the Visual Studio SDK, visit the VSX Dev Center at http://msdn.com/vsx.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Requirement: In order to install the VS 2008 SDK 1.1, you must have Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition or above installed and Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1. Visual Studio 2008 Express Editions are not supported.
- Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update website.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.