Microsoft Code Name "Acropolis" July Community Technology Preview
Microsoft Code Name “Acropolis” is a set of components and tools intended to make it easier for developers to build and manage modular, business focused, client applications for Microsoft Windows on the .NET Framework
- Building on the vision of software + services, Microsoft Code Name “Acropolis” makes it easier to build and manage modular, business-focused, client applications for Microsoft Windows with the .NET Framework. It builds on the rich capabilities of Microsoft Windows and the .NET Framework, including the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), by providing tools and pre-built components that help developers quickly assemble an application from loosely-coupled parts and services. Code Name “Acropolis” reduces the complexities of building occasionally connected client applications and provides the ability to assemble and reconfigure systems without having to write as much code. It is part of the .NET Client Futures release, Microsoft’s preview of upcoming technologies in Microsoft Windows client development, available now at www.windowsclient.net.
There are three downloads. One is an .MSI file that includes the July Community Technology Preview product, and the second download is the set of samples that accompanies this Community Technology Preview. You can also download a .CHM file with the Help documentation.
- AcropolisMSI The July Community Technology Preview version of Microsoft Code Name "Acropolis".
- AcropolisSamples The July Community Technology Preview version of Microsoft Code Name "Acropolis" Samples.
- Acropolis_Help The July Community Technology Preview version of Microsoft Code Name "Acropolis" Help documentation.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Other Requirements: Microsoft Visual Studio® 2008 (Code Name "Orcas" Beta 1)
- To download the Microsoft Code Name "Acropolis" July Community Technology Preview product, samples and documentation:
- In the Files in this Download section at the bottom of this page, click the file that contains download that you want.
- To download the documentation, do one of the following:
- To start the extraction immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location and specify an extraction location on your computer.
- To copy the download to your computer for extraction at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk and specify a location to save the .zip file on your computer.
- After the files are extracted, read the instructions provided in the package.
- To open the documentation, double-click the .CHM file in the extracted files.