PowerPoint 2003/2002 Add-in: Office Animation Runtime
Office Animation Runtime allows you to view PowerPoint 2002 (or later version) Web presentations that contains animations in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
- Note You do not need Office Animation Runtime if you already have PowerPoint 2007 or earlier installed.
Office Animation Runtime allows you to view Microsoft PowerPoint 2002, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 Web presentations that contain animations in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
PowerPoint 2002 and later versions provide animation capabilities that significantly enhance your presentation. Among the animation features provided are the following:
- an exciting set of new effects
- more control over timing and synchronization
- builds for diagrams
- support for multiple effects simultaneously in a shape
- more control of audio and video playback
- a number of animation schemes
To view presentations saved in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) that take advantage of these new animation features, you must have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later and have Office Animation Runtime installed. Without these, animations will not run and the Web presentation may not play back as the author intended. For more information about using animation features in your Web presentation, read Animate Your PowerPoint 2002 Web Presentation.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT
- This download works with the following Office applications:
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Producer for PowerPoint
To install this download
Note Uninstall any previous version of the Office Animation Engine before installing this updated version.
- You may want to print this page to use as a reference when you are offline.
- Download the file from this page by clicking the Download button above and following the instructions in the dialog boxes.
- Double-click the msorun.exe program file on your hard disk to start the setup program.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
To view a Web presentation that contains animations after installing Office Animation Runtime, just open the Web presentation in Internet Explorer 5.0 or later.
Note To display animations in the Web browser, the Web presentation must be saved with the Show slide animation while browsing check box selected in ( Web Options dialog box, General tab).
To remove this download:
- On the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Install/Uninstall list, select Office Animation Runtime, and then click Add/Remove.
- Click Remove All.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete and exit the installer.