Clinical Systems Integration Reference Implementation for Microsoft Office 2003
The Clinical Systems Integration reference implementation for Microsoft® Office 2003 contains sample code, templates, and guidelines to demonstrate the possibilities in addressing critical business issues with the Microsoft Office System.
- Intended for developers and IT implementers, this download demonstrates one possibility for implementing a solution to send and receive lab orders in a hospital emergency department using the Microsoft Office System. The content provided with the reference implementation illustrates how to electronically capture lab orders in the emergency department, exchange the XML-based data with established laboratory information systems, and display lab order status on a Microsoft Windows® SharePoint® Services team Web site.Specifically, developers and IT implementers can utilize the content provided with this reference implementation to start the process of:
- Creating a complete solution to exchange lab order information with an established laboratory information system
- Converting XML-based messages into HL7 ORM messages using Microsoft BizTalk® Server 2004 and the BizTalk Accelerator for HL7
- Provisioning customized Microsoft Office InfoPath® 2003-based forms to address the specific lab requirements in a hospital’s emergency department
- Utilizing specific content to potentially address similar business scenarios in clinical documentation by medical staff, clinical department to department integration, and clinical order processing and tracking
From a business perspective, the Clinical Systems Integration reference implementation for Microsoft Office 2003 shows how hospital emergency departments can:
- Reduce patient wait times for lab test results
- Decrease misdiagnoses due to data errors
- Decrease time spent checking lab order status
- Give medical staff more time with patients
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/healthcare to learn about Microsoft offerings and partners in the healthcare industries.
The software, scripts, templates, samples, and guidance provided with the Clinical Systems Integration reference implementation for Microsoft Office2003 are intended to facilitate your development of your own solution based on the reference implementation and your solution's deployment into aproduction environment. Microsoft does not provide support for this reference implementation. You should thoroughly test your solution in a testenvironment before you deploy it in a production environment.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003
- Additional Requirements
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0
- Microsoft SQL Server™ 2000 Service Pack 3a (SP3a) or later
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
- Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET 2003
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004
- BizTalk Accelerator for HL7 1.0
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) (either stand-alone, or with Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003)
To download and install the Clinical Systems Integration reference implementation for Microsoft Office 2003 (CSIRIMO1.0.exe):
- In the Files in this Download section at the bottom of this page, click CSIRIMO1.0.exe.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the extraction immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the file to your computer for extraction at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.
- In the installation wizard, follow the setup instructions. This will install the source code and setup files to your computer. Refer to the Clinical Systems Integration Reference Implementation for Microsoft Office 2003 Guide, Chapter 3, "Installing and Configuring your Development Environment," for complete details on building a proof of concept based on this source code. To download the Clinical Systems Integration Reference Implementation for Microsoft Office 2003 Guide (CSIRIMO1.0_Guide.exe):
- In the Files in this Download section at the bottom of this page, click CSIRIMO1.0_Guide.exe.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the extraction immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location and specify an extraction location on your computer.
- To copy the file to your computer for extraction at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk and specify a location to save the file on your computer. Double-click the file to extract the reference implementation guide.
- To remove the installed files, follow the instructions in the Clinical Systems Integration Reference Implementation for Microsoft Office 2003 Guide, Chapter 3, "Installing and Configuring your Development Environment."
- Delete CSIRIMO1.0_Guide.doc and CSIRIMO1.0_Guide.exe from C:\CSIRIMO\Guide or the folder where you saved the guide.