HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK with Service Pack 1
The Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK was designed to provide the tools and content necessary to write parallel applications for the Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 platform. The zip files are subject to the license terms for the SDK.
Note: This SDK has been superseded by the 'HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK with Service Pack 2' version.
Applications made with this SDK will continue to function on clusters running HPC Pack 2008 R2 SP2, but will not make use of any new SP2-specific features. Applications made with the 'SP2' SDK will function on pre-SP2 clusters, but can not use any of the new SP2-specific features.
This download is left up as a reference only. Please use the updated files.
The Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK with Service Pack 1, and its supplements, are designed to provide the tools and content necessary to write parallel applications for the Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 platform.
The Development Kit consists of several components:
- Required: The Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK core package can be used to write client applications that interact with the job scheduler. Install this from sdk_x64.msi or sdk_x86.msi. You will need the HPC Pack 2008 R2 Client Utilities installed as well, those are available through the full HPC Pack 2008 R2 installer or through the Client Utilities redistributable available in the related downloads. This updated SP1 SDK supports new features available with HPC Pack 2008 R2 SP1-based clusters. Applications built with this SDK will work on pre-SP1 clusters as long as they do not use new SP1-specific features.
- Files: sdk_x64.msi, sdk_x86.msi
- Optional: The main Sample Code package provides a number of examples that to help you learn how to write applications that interact with or run on an HPC cluster.
- Files: HPC2008R2.SampleCode.zip
- Optional: The Silverlight Reporting Sample shows how to use the HPC Pack 2008 R2 reporting extensibility features to create custom cluster reports. These reports can be accessed through a Silverlight webpage and even made available to non-administrators.
- Files: Reporting.Sample.zip
- New: February 2011 Optional: The Common Data Caching Sample shows how to use Windows Server AppFabric Caching as an in-memory cache for SOA-based workloads.
- Files: CommonDataCaching.Sample.zip
- Optional: The NetworkDirect supplemental package provides sample code and tests to implement Windows drivers for NetworkDirect-enabled networking devices.
- Files: NetworkDirect_DDK.zip
- To develop MPI applications you need the HPC Pack 2008 R2 MS-MPI redistributable installer, available through the related downloads.
For complete details on the SDK, visit the Microsoft High Performance Computing section of MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa496121.aspx
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows HPC Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Minimum Hardware Required: At least one industry standard personal computer (either 32-bit or 64-bit) with at least 128MB RAM.
- Download the HPC Pack 2008 R2 SDK with Service Pack 2