Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3
iSCSI Software Target is an optional Windows Server component that provides centralized, software-based and hardware-independent iSCSI disk subsystems in storage area networks (SANs). It includes cumulative Update 6.
- The Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3 provides storage (disks) over a TCP/IP network. It turns a computer running Windows Server into a storage device which provides shared block storage. You can use Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3 to perform a variety of storage-related tasks, including the following:
- Provide shared storage for Hyper-V to enable high availability and live migration
- Consolidate storage for multiple application servers (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server or Hyper-V)
- Provide shared storage for applications hosted on a Windows failover cluster
- Enable diskless computers to boot remotely from a single operating system image using iSCSI
This download package includes the following items:
- iSCSItarget_public.msi: Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3 service component for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- iSCSITargetClient_public.msi: Virtual Disk Service (VDS) provider, Volume Snapshot Service (VSS) provider, and high-performance computing (HPC) providers to support diskless boot in HPC clusters.
- iSCSITargetClient_public.msi: VDS provider, VSS provider, and HPC providers to support diskless boot in HPC clusters.
- iSCSItarget_Gstart_R2.doc: Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3 Getting Started Guide
- iSCSI_33_relnotes.doc: Microsoft iSCSI Software Target 3.3 Release Notes
- Autorun.inf: Automatically starts Index.htm to display install options
- Index.html: Main menu page for installing software.
- Bkgd-page-servers-dynagrid.jpg: Used by Index.html.
- Copyright.jpg: Used by Index.html.
- Wsr2logo.bmp: Used by Index.html.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Processor: PC with a 1GHz or higher
Memory: 2GB of available memory or more is recommended
- Click the Download button above, and save it to your local disk.This is a self-extracting package, you will need to run msi files to install the iSCSI software target or VDS/VSS/HPC providers.