Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Guides: Upgrade
This page includes links to the documents that contain upgrade instructions for the various components of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010.
- You can use this page to download the following guides that include upgrade information:
- Analysis Cubes (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008) (AnalysisCubes.pdf): Explains how to install, set up, and use Analysis Cubes, which you can view and customize to analyze your Microsoft Dynamics GP data. Also describes the dimensions, attributes, and measures of the cubes, and explains how to create Microsoft Excel worksheets with PivotTable reports using the cubes.
- Audit Trails (AuditTrails.pdf): Explains how to install, upgrade, set up, and use Audit Trails to track change history on any data changes that occur within Microsoft Dynamics GP. Audit Trails helps support compliance with regulations for how you secure, manage, and control your business data, such as Sarbanes-Oxley and FDA 21 CFR Part 11.
- Business Portal Upgrade Guide (Release 5.0) (BusinessPortalUpgrade50.pdf): Explains how to upgrade to Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 if you're using Business Portal on Windows SharePoint Services or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Business Portal Upgrade Guide (Release 5.1) (BusinessPortalUpgrade51.pdf): Explains how to upgrade to Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 if you're using Business Portal on Windows SharePoint Foundation or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- GST and Australian Taxes (GSTandAustralianTaxes.pdf): Explains how to install the Australian tax features, and set up and use Goods and Services Tax (GST), Pay As You Go, Business Activity Statement reports, and Pay As You Go reports. Also describes how to enter and view tax information.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Upgrade Instructions (Upgrade.pdf): Contains the upgrade checklist and other information about upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics GP Release 2010. Describes the data conversion process and contains additional upgrade procedures for specific modules and integrating products.
Note: If you are not able to download the attached scripts in the Upgrade Instructions manual, you can download the GP2010UpgradeSQLScripts.zip file that includes these scripts.
- Personal Data Keeper (PDK.pdf): Explains how to install, upgrade, and set up Personal Data Keeper, which you can use to enter and submit Project Accounting timesheets and expense reports, regardless of whether you're connected to the corporate network. Also describes how to enter transactions and complete inquiry and reporting procedures.
- Web Services Installation and Administration Guide (WSInstallAdminGuide.pdf): Explains how to install, administer, and run the web services so they can be used by applications that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP. Also explains how to manage security for the web services.
- Workflow Installation and Upgrade Guide (WorkflowInstallation.pdf): Explains how to install Workflow components on a web server running Windows SharePoint Services or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Also describes how to upgrade Workflow for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to Workflow for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server 2003, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Standard, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- To view the PDF file, you will need a PDF reader, such as the free Adobe Reader.
- Click Download to download a document in PDF file format.
- Save the file to your computer. When prompted for a location for the files, save it to the Documentation folder in your Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 or Business Portal installation folder. By default, this is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2010\Documentation for Microsoft Dynamics GP and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Business Portal\Documentation for Business Portal.
- If you’re asked if you want to overwrite the existing file, click Yes. You might need to remove the release number (50) from some files names to overwrite the existing files.
- Repeat these steps on each computer where you want to install the file, or save the file to a shared folder where other others can access it.