Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Video Diagnostic Data Adapter
The update contains an Expression Encoder 4.0 based Video Diagnostic data adapter for collecting video recordings using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- The Expression Encoder 4.0 based Video Diagnostic data adapter is used for collecting video recordings when you run tests with Visual Studio 2010 and Test Professional 2010. This diagnostic data adapter replaces the previous Windows Media Encoder based adapter. Support for Windows Media Encoder will be discontinued in the future.
Once this update has been installed, Expression Encoder 4.0 software must be installed in order to record and playback video. The following links provide more details on how to install additional software and how to use this adapter for recording videos during manual testing with Microsoft Test Manager.
You cannot play back video recordings that were created using a version of Microsoft Test Manager with KB2160831 applied from a version of Microsoft Test Manager that does not have this update applied or using TFS Web Access. Please refer to the documentation links above for more information on known issues.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Change.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run.
- To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
- To cancel the installation, click Cancel.