Uninstalling Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and Removing Server Roles
To maintain any system, you need to modify the deployment over time. An important part of maintenance is the retiring or decommissioning of existing components that you replace with different or newer components. “Uninstalling Lync Server 2010 and Removing Server Roles” includes procedures for removing server roles and decommissioning a deployment.
- To maintain any system, you need to modify the deployment over time. An important part of maintenance is the retiring or decommissioning of existing components that you replace with different or newer components. There are two main sections in the “Uninstalling Lync Server 2010 and Removing Server Roles” documentation. The first section, "Removing Servers and Server Roles," includes the procedures you need to perform to remove specific servers or server roles. For example, removing an A/V Conferencing pool or a Front End pool. The second section, "Decommissioning a Deployment," provides step-by-step guidance for removing a complete Lync Server 2010 deployment. For example, removing a deployment from a test lab as part of a move to a Production system, or as part of a redesign of the current Lync Server 2010 deployment prior to deploying the new design.
This download is still available on microsoft.com. The downloads below will come directly from the Microsoft Download Center.
File sizes and hashes are retrieved from the Wayback Machine’s indexes. They may not match the latest versions of files hosted on Microsoft servers.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- The file is a Microsoft Word document. Users who do not have Microsoft Word can view this document through the downloadable Word Viewer.
- Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down list and click Go.
- Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program from its current location.
- To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save or Save this program to disk.