System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Resource Kit
This resource kit contains the authoring console, as well as seven tools designed to enhance the authoring experience.
- The System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Resource Kit will install the Authoring console, which aids customers in creating and modifying operations management packs (MPs). Optionally, eight tools designed to help improve the MP authoring experience will also be included: the MP Best Practice Analyzer; MP Spell Checker; Visio MP Diagram Generator; Cookdown Analyzer; All References Addin; MP Diff; Workflow Analyzer; and Workflow Simulator.
The System Center Operation Manager 2007 Authoring Resource Kit provides the following features to aid in management pack (MP) development and customization:
- Authoring Console - Develop MPs within a GUI environment.
- Management Pack Best Practice Analyzer (MPBPA)
- MPBPA scans management packs for best practice compliance and provides automated resolution for numerous issues. This tool integrates with the Authoring Console.
- Management Pack Spell Checker (MP Spell Checker)
- MP Spell Checker checks spelling in management packs to eliminate errors in display strings.
- Management Pack Visio Generator (MP Visio Generator)
- MP Visio Generator allows you to generate a class inheritance and class relationship diagram using Microsoft Office Visio.
- Management Pack Diff (MP Diff)
- MP Diff shows the differences between two management packs.
- Management Pack Cookdown Analyzer (MP Cookdown Analyzer)
- MP Cookdown Analyzer identifies workflows which may break cookdown. Suggestions are provided for how to fix the performance problems.
- All References Add-in
- All References Add-in helps find all management pack elements that reference the specific element chosen. For example, the ability to right click a class and find all rules, monitors, overrides, as well as anything else that targets that class is provided. This tool works on most management pack elements.
- Workflow Analyzer
- The Workflow Analyzer provides the ability to statically analyze all types of workflows. It also allows users to trace workflows running on any Health Service.
- Workflow Simulator
- The Workflow Simulator provides the ability to test certain types of workflows such as discoveries, rules, and monitors without a Management Server and Management Group. Key functionality includes the ability to test workflows as well as view and validate output prior to signing and importing the MP into a Management Group for additional testing.
- Management Packs
- Three management packs which are frequently used as dependencies are provided as part of the tools installation. These MPs are necessary to allow the Authoring Console to open most MPs available online in the System Center Operations Manager MP Catalog. The provided MPs are:
- 10/1/2010 – Re-release of authoring resource kit package version 6.0.6276.0. Updated the Authoring Console to version 6.1.7221.49. It now has the capability to create and edit Management Packs for Azure applications (see the Azure Management Pack Guide for details). All other tools and functionality in the resource kit remain unchanged from the previous release. Note that you will need to remove the old version of the Authoring Resource Kit before installing the updated version.
- 10/21/2009 - Original English release, version 6.0.6276.0
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista
- Other Software: .NET 3.5 SP1
- To download the module
- Click on the link to the right, and download the exe installer.
- Start the authoring console by clicking Start -> All Programs -> System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring Console.
- Some tools can be started from within the Authoring Console, while the rest can be started from the same location in the start menu. Refer to the provided help file for additional details.