Enterprise Update Scanning Tool version 3 for Bulletin MS04-028 (Standalone)
MS04-028 Enterprise Update Scanning Tool version 3 (Standalone) for detecting needed updates prescribed in bulletin MS04-028
- Microsoft has released a new version of this tool designed to help enterprises detect and install updates provided with Microsoft Security Bulletin, MS04-028 (which has also been re-released.) The latest version includes detection for the Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 security update and the latest Microsoft .NET Framework security updates. Version 3 has been updated to resolve an incorrect result returned for Internet Explorer 6.0 service pack 1 installations. This tool is a command line scanning tool built for the sole purpose of helping customers determine systems that may need security updates provided with the MS04-028 bulletin http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-028.mspx. Users of this tool should have experience in deploying software to corporate environments and with using command line tools. More information on this tool can be found in the Knowledge Base article 886988 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=886988
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Service Pack 1, Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Other software:Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; MSXML 3.0; Windows Script Host; Windows Installer 2.0 or later; Windows Management Instrumentation version 1.5 or later
- Click the download link on this page and save the download to your computer.
- Double-click the self-extracting executable file to open.
- Run the setup package.
- Follow the instructions presented by the setup wizard and review the release notes.