Windows CE .NET 4.1 .NET Compact Framework 1.0 RTM Update (English)
Windows CE .NET 4.1 with Platform Builder
- This downloadable file will update the .NET Compact Framework beta module of your existing Microsoft Windows CE .NET 4.1 Platform Builder installation to the released, 1.0, version of the .NET Compact Framework.
Please note that Visual Studio .NET 2003 is required to develop .NET Compact Framework applications for embedded devices. MSDN Universal subscribers may download the final beta of Visual Studio .NET 2003 from the MSDN Subscriber Downloads site. Applications developed with the final beta of Visual Studio .NET 2003 may be deployed under the terms of a “Go-Live” license. Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/golive.asp for more information on Visual Studio .NET 2003 availability and details on “Go Live”.
This download is no longer available on microsoft.com. The downloads below are archives provided by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine from the Microsoft Download Center prior to August 2020.
|Release Notes.htm||5 KB|
Operating Systems: Windows CE
- • Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP
• Windows CE .NET with Platform Builder 4.1
- To download and install this update:
1. Close Platform Builder and any other Windows CE.NET applications.
2. Download each of the four files below to a directory on your computer. Click on each link and when prompted choose "Save to Disk". For the release notes.htm file you must right click on the link below and choose "Save Target As...".
3. Once you have downloaded all four files to a directory on your computer, locate the files you downloaded, and then double-click on the file PBupdate.msi to start the setup program and install the Windows CE.NET 4.1 .NET Compact Framework 1.0 RTM Update.
Note: You will not be able to properly install this setup unless you have downloaded all 4 files to the same directory.